Theatre Practitioner X 3 based in St Helens, Merseyside
Job ID :
Theatre Practitioner X 3
£25K - £33K pa
Permanent, 37.5 per week
Healthcare Thread Recruitment
Tammy / Stefannia
We currently have a requirement to fill the role of a Theatre Practitioner for a client based in St Helens, Merseyside
I hope this role is suitable for you. If however it is not the right opportunity but you know someone who would be interested please pass the email on. We offer up to £250 for any successful placement so it will definitely be worth your while
You will participate as a member of the Theatre Team under the direction and supervision of the Assistant Theatre Co-ordinator. You will be responsible for delivering high level, professional care across a broad spectrum of specialties to patients whilst under hospital’s care. You will at all times adhere to your professional code of conduct.
Role & Responsibilities:
To be punctual for duty and report to your line manager at the earliest opportunity any reasons for late arrival
- To plan in advance to ensure you have all equipment available to carry out the intended procedure in good time, safely, and without delay.
- To ensure your work area is sufficiently stocked prior to commencement of lists.
- To ensure that all equipment put into use is clean, safe and fit for the purpose for which it is intended.
- To report as per policy any equipment that is faulty or damaged. The equipment must be removed from use and the actions you have taken must be communicated across the team.
- To act within the scope HCP/NMC professional Code of Practice at all times.
- To perform assessment of patient care needs.
- To plan, implement and evaluate care according to changing health care needs.
- To provide support to other team members.
- To maintain accurate patient records, to enable effective care delivery.
- To establish and maintain effective communication with patients and the multidisciplinary care team.
- To recognise and respond appropriately to urgent and emergency situations within the hospital.
- To seek/act on advice from a senior team member or relevant others, as appropriate.
- To contribute ideas for improving the service.
- To maintain health, safety and security of self and others, including the theatre environment.
- To demonstrate effective time management.
- To report incidents/occurrences using established methods and procedures.
- To participate in the implementation of change within theatre.
- To ensure a professional, calm attitude is maintained at all times when communicating to all disciplines of staff throughout the hospital.
- To participate in clinical trials.
- To participate in clinical audit.
- To participate in the theatre on call rota.
- To act as a member of the cardiac arrest team.
- To maintain high standards of cleanliness in your working environment at all times in accordance with guidelines for infection prevention and control.
- To ensure Patients privacy and dignity are maintained and religious and cultural beliefs are respected.
Attributes – Essential:
- ODP Level 3 NVQ/CGLI 752
- Registered Nurse Level 1
- Ability to work in stressful situations
- Evidence of continuing development
- Good team member
- Ability to deliver high standards of care
- Knowledge of Health and Social Care/Governance issues
- Experience across a broad range of surgical specialities
- Up-to date skills in 2 of the 3 specialist areas in theatre (anaesthetics, scrub and recovery)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates a professional attitude at all times
- Ability to work in multidisciplinary teams
- Effective communicator
Attributes – Desirable:
- Mentorship/Teaching Qualification
- Advanced Life Support training
- Willing to learn new skills and push boundaries of existing knowledge
- Adopt extended role within theatre
- Knowledge of key areas concerning CQC inspection
- Keen interest in Joint surgery and ophthalmic surgery
- Understanding of the audit process