Job ID :
£12.30 p/h-£14 p/h (£27,300/annum)
Healthcare Thread Recruitment
Tammy / Stefannia
We have a requirement to fill the role of Registered Nurse for a client based in Scunthorpe, Lincolnshire.
I hope this role is suitable for you. If however it is not the right opportunity but you know someone who would be interested please pass the email on. We offer up to £250 for any successful placement so it will definitely be worth your while
To achieve the highest possible standard of care in a professional manner through direct nursing care and effective supervision of Staff Members. To take management responsibility for a shift as directed
Objective of Job Role:
The Staff Nurse is accountable to the Ward Sister for the delivery of high quality care to the patients. The post holder is responsible for ensuring attainment of agreed clinical standards and professional development supported by colleagues and the Director of Clinical Services.
- Ensure that all Staff Members contribute, to the best of their ability, to the efficient running of the care home and the creation of an atmosphere conducive to the best interests of the residents. Duties may include acting up for the Deputy Home Manager and/or the Home Manager in their absence.
- Report any ill health amongst residents and make requests for GP / Professional visits where necessary.
- Ensure that residents Care Plans are completed and maintained in conjunction with Clients, relatives and other Health Care Professionals, and in accordance with NMC guidelines & Company policy.
- Assess all aspects of residents’ care needs, and provide health supervision and direct Nursing are when required.
- Assess social and health care needs of new residents, and maintain on-going assessment and review of all other residents.
- Maintain accurate records and ensure that each resident within the Care Home has an individualised Care Plan. Resident Care Plans to be reviewed on a monthly basis, or more frequently as and when required, in accordance with NMC guidelines & Company policy.
- Carry out regular checks on Residents at intervals determined by the Home Manager. Ensure a clear and concise handover report is given to all relevant Staff Members at the end of each shift.
- Administer prescribed medicines and document the same in accordance with the Company’s procedure and NMC guidelines.
- Practice maximum integrity in all dealings with resident’s personal and financial affairs, and avoid abuse of the privileged relationship which exists with residents..
- Participate in Staff and resident meetings as and when required.
- Establish and maintain good communication with residents, relatives and with the multidisciplinary team. Provide administrative support when required.
Budgetary / Financial Control:
- Ensure that all commodities used in and around the Care Home are sensibly conserved by all Staff Members e.g. monitor usage of incontinence aids, wipes, dressings, electricity etc.
- Actively market the Care Home and promote a positive personal / professional profile within the local community, ensuring the good reputation of the Care Home at all times.
- Ensure the Care Home is attractively presented, and odour free, at all times, in line with the Company’s attention to detail philosophy.
Training & Development:
- Supervise and instruct junior and new Staff Members in all aspects of their work in the Care Home, giving help and guidance where appropriate.
- Maintain and improve professional knowledge and competence. Keep professionally updated in all areas of clinical expertise.
- Attend mandatory training days/courses, on or off site, as and when required.
Health & Safety:
- Report immediately to the Home Manager, or the Person in Charge, any illness of an infectious nature or accident incurred by a resident, colleague, self or another.
- Understand, and ensure the implementation of, the Care Home’s Health and Safety policy, and Emergency and Fire procedures.
- Report to the Home Manager, or the Handyperson, any faulty appliances, damaged furniture, equipment or any potential hazard.
- Promote safe working practice within the Care Home.
Carry out any other tasks that may be reasonably assigned to you
- Adhere to all appropriate NMC guidelines / regulations.
- Maintain all logbooks and records as required by both the Registering Authority and the Directors of the Company.
- Ensure that all information of confidential nature gained in the course of duty is not divulged to third parties
- Notify the Home Manager, or the Person in Charge, as soon as possible of your inability to report for duty, and also on your return to work from all periods of absence.
- Ensure the security of the Care Home is maintained at all times.
- Adhere to all Company policies and procedures within the defined timescales.
- Ensure all equipment is clean and well maintained.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- 1st Level Nurse
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Genuine interest in working with the relevant Client group
- Satisfactory Police Check and check against the POVA List (where applicable)
- Team player
- Experience / qualification in care for relevant Client category
- Previous supervisory experience