Staff Nurse / Waking Nights Staff Nurse
Job ID :
Day Duty: £21,195 - £26,235 + Allowance of £2,110 - £2,230 per annum
Night Duty: £28,259 – £34,979 + Allowance of £2,110 - £2,230 per annum
Over Time Rates when working over 37.5 hours
On site single room accommodation at reasonable charge
Free Staff car park + Staff Canteen + Rest Area + Pension Scheme
Healthcare Thread Recruitment
Tammy / Angela
We have a requirement to fill the role of RGN Staff Nurses for a client based in Haslemere, Surrey.
The role involves working for the client offering treatment and care for younger adults with severe disabilities. If you demonstrate interest in working in neuro-disability/respiratory management and are enthusiastic to learn and develop competence to practice as RN in this field, then this might be suitable as the client can provide comprehensive training.
I hope this role is suitable for you. If however it is not the right opportunity but you know someone who would be interested please pass the email on. We offer up to £250 for any successful placement so it will definitely be worth your while
Key working relationships:
Director of Clinical Services, Ward Sister, all nursing staff, all professional clinical staff and assistants, medical staff, external contacts e.g. discharge coordinators.
Objective of Job Role:
The Staff Nurse is accountable to the Ward Sister for the delivery of high quality care to the patients. The post holder is responsible for ensuring attainment of agreed clinical standards and professional development supported by colleagues and the Director of Clinical Services.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Delivering expert nursing care, monitoring and maintaining standards of care.
- Ongoing informal and formal assessment of patients in order to provide the most beneficial care to people with complex disabilities
- Identify and act on changes in patient condition, making safe, timely decisions appropriate to the situation.
- Work with patients, the multi-disciplinary team and families to set realistic and achievable goals
- Plan and provide care interventions for patients in line with the needs and goals of the patient.
- Provide support to relatives keeping them informed as far as possible in line with patient confidentiality policy.
- Maintain up to date case records and care plans maintaining patient confidentiality in line with the client’s policy.
- Provide appropriate and timely reports and other patient correspondence.
- Attend all relevant team meetings and case reviews.
- Ensure medicines are managed in accordance with hospital and national standards.
Management and Leadership:
Work with colleges to provide support to all ward staff.
Contribute to raising the profile and developing the nurse team by:
- Recognising and valuing contributions from individuals within the ward team
- Acknowledging equal opportunities for all team members
- Providing clinical support
- Working with team to define clear individual roles and responsibilities
- Contributing to multi-disciplinary team building within the organisation
- Contribute to the induction of new staff acting as a mentor when appropriate.
- Contribute to the planning, setting, reviewing of nursing team objectives and projects in line with hospital business plan.
- Assist in the evaluation of achievements against objectives
The post holder will ensure:
- All written documentation is legible, accurate and meets hospital record-keeping standards
- Written or verbal information is clear, accurate and presented in a way that is appropriate to the target group
- All verbal communication is delivered with clarity, accuracy and is free from jargon
- All communication with outside agencies are conducted in a manner which enhances and promotes the reputation of the hospital
- Conflicts and misunderstandings are handled in a positive manner and a satisfactory resolution is normally achieved
Organisational audit and quality
- Participate in clinical audit and quality assurance initiatives.
- Deal with complaints promptly and sensitively in line with hospital complaints policy.
- Identify audit needs and plan audit in liaison with Clinical Governance team.
Adhere to requirements by:
- Implementing and reviewing policies and procedures ensuring compliance of oneself and colleagues
- Implementing Heath and Safety policies and procedures ensuring compliance of oneself and colleagues
- Delivery of teaching to other members of clinical staff.
- Participate in in-service training and feedback on courses attended.
- Take responsibility for own professional development.
- Be committed to further development of own clinical skills and knowledge actively seeking learning opportunities as appropriate.
Person Spec :
Essential Qualifications and Knowledge Required
- Registered General Nurse with current NMC Registrations
- Knowledge of neurological care
- Knowledge of respiratory care
Skills and Experience required – Essential Requirements
- Clinical experience in relevant areas
- Good communication skills
- Good team worker
- Ability to be self-directing and motivate others
- Ability to work calmly under pressure, recognising stress in self and others
- Experience of clinical assessment and report writing
Key Competency Areas:
- Decision making/ problem solving
- Extended practice e.g. management of tracheostomy
- Communication - verbal and written
- Negotiating skills
- Relationship building / teamwork
- Adaptability / flexibility